Our department offers or sponsors several scholarships around an array of criteria to enable more opportunities and more experiences to be available to our students. Most of these scholarships are housed on the UA's Scholarship Universe and can be found by searching for the scholarship name using the search feature in the top left corner of SU:
Arizona in Italy (Orvieto study abroad)
The Italian Faculty in the Department of French and Italian are pleased to announce the call for applications for the competitive Arizona in Italy (Orvieto) Award 2020. Established in 2012, this award supports UA students enrolled in Italian courses with the UA study abroad program in Orvieto, Italy. While preference is given to UA Italian majors, all students enrolled in an Italian course (prefix ITAL) -- ITAL 202z, ITAL 310, ITAL 496a -- are eligible to apply.
Value of Scholarship: Varies
- acceptance to the UA Study Abroad Program “Arizona in Italy” (Orvieto)
- enrollment in an Italian course (ITAL prefix) in Orvieto, Italy
- current UA student (undergraduate or graduate)
Application deadline: March 6, 2020
SILLC Global Award Fund
The competitive SILLC Global Award Fund benefits UA undergraduate students in good standing who are declared majors in any of the SILLC disciplines. Recipients must use the award the summer, fall, and/or spring immediately following date of the award.
Value of Scholarship: $1,500.00 - $2,000.00
- The applicant must be a UA undergraduate student.
- Must be a declared major in any of the following SILLC disciplines (minors are not eligible):
- Africana Studies
- Classics (Classical Civilization, Greek, or Latin)
- East Asian Studies (Includes Japanese and Chinese)
- French and Francophone Studies
- German Studies
- Italian Studies
- Religious Studies
- Russian and Slavic Studies
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- No less than one academic year in residency left at UA before graduation at time of application.
Application deadline: January 22, 2020