The Minor in Intercultural Studies was specifically designed for students and professionals who wish to combine their main area of specialization with a solid background in the new and changing international landscape.
The minor provides students with the ability to:
- adapt and function well in unfamiliar environments and new situations
- communicate effectively with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- negotiate difficult tasks with creativity and an acute sense of initiative
- analyze, evaluate, and assess cultural differences in professional settings
- apply the skills of critical thinking, reading, writing, and the synthesizing information
- gain knowledge of various cultures
The many study abroad programs and internships within the School offer practical experience in new and exciting environments that help students succeed in the global marketplace.